<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 06, 2003

What about this - why do we fish for fish and not for birds? My husband asked me this question yesterday. He was thinking that if you can throw out a line with a worm on it into water and hope to attract and catch fish, you should be able to throw out a line with a worm on it and attract a bird. And he thinks I'm weird because I think about double rolled toilet paper.

If we did "fish" for birds it wouldn't be called fishing. What would it be called?

A friend of mine commented last week on the word invaluable. Why IN-valuable to mean very very valuable when the prefix IN is mostly reserved for words that will mean NOT-soemthing. Like Indescreet, i suppose.

People think of very strange things.

An article in Real Simple magazine answers questions all posed from the "What's the worst that could happen if I....(fill in the blank)..?" Like What's the worst that could happen if I don't change the oil in my car every 3,000, miles? Or if I eat hamburger that isn't cooked well? or if I eat a cracked egg? and other less likely ifs.

I could think a lot of questions. Things you don't do because you always heard you shouldn't do them. I usually think of these all day long and ponder them for minutes at a time. I intend to look them up and explore the options. But then time passes and so does the thought.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?