<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 04, 2004

I want to submit an opinion on THE film. Or maybe it's an un-opinion. I haven't seen The Passion OTC, I am not going to see the film, and so I have made no comments about it to my blog. What I'd like to say is this: Everywhere I go, someone asks, Have you seen the movie? I always say, NO. The follow-up usually begins, Oh, when you do you willl really ....... . But I cut them off to say, I am not going to see the film. Each one is incredulous at my response.

I know several people (not many) who are not seeing the movie. We are a definite minority. The marginalized, I guess we could say. We are not seeing the film, get over it.

We each have personal reasons for not seeing the film, so I won't put words in the mouths of others as to why. For myself, I feel that my imagination is too vivid and alive, and films often disturb me to an unnatural level. I'm satisfied with crying through the stations of the cross, and I always cry when they sing, "Were You There?" I won't be able join in the discussion, only to ask questions. But I can live with that.

I did see the making of The Passion OTC, in an attempt at lessening the total effect. It didn't work. Just convinced me that I don't want to see it. I am happy to remain in the minority of objective non-viewers who will be able to discuss, one day, the films merits and flaws because I have not been efffected to a subjective mush of Passion.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?